"Every breath is a sacrament, an affirmation of our connection with all other living things, a renewal of our link with our ancestors and a contribution to generations yet to come. Our breath is a part of life’s breath, the ocean of air that envelopes the earth"
As a brand, our biggest inspiration is the beauty of the natural world. As such, we are mindful of the footprints we make and will strive to maintain high standards of social and environmental responsibility, now and as our business grows.
This means that:
- We don’t mass produce any garment for the sake of seasonal release or quarterly quotas. Instead of following trends, we produce classic and timeless garments in small quantities from high quality natural fabrics that are meant to last
- We work with a responsible silk supplier who uses Oeko-Tex certified ink for printing, meaning that the ink has been certified to be free from more than 100 substances known to be harmful to human health. They also have supply chain and environmental management systems in place, including The Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) which is a supply chain management system that supports companies to drive social compliance and improvements within the factories, and the ISO 14001 Environmental Impact Management system. SGS and Intertek are other audit & inspection certifications that they work with.
- All of our products are ethically produced in Vancouver, Canada where workers are paid fair wages and enjoy healthy working conditions
- We ship all of our garments PLASTIC FREE in a beautiful branded and recyclable gift box
- Proceeds from the sale of each of our robes will be directed to the Birds of Paradise Project via the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, which supports our common goal of understanding and protecting wildlife, engaging the public in science and conservation, and advancing technology and research to protect the earth's biodiversity.
See birdsofparadiseproject.org for more information on the inspiration for our brand!